Thursday, September 16, 2004

becoming

I asked a friend of mine last night, "Who do you want to be?" Funny thing is, all of his answers were wrapped up in 'doing'. He was even perplexed at the question. I'm convinced that this American culture thing, for all the good ther is, there is something we've lost in our 'do, do, do' world. In the past few years, and even more so recently, I have been challenged to think of this life thing as becoming and not doing. That surely takes away lots of perfectionism, it did for me anyway. Also makes things a lot harder. I can hide behind my duties, my work. It's hard to cover up when I'm more focused on becoming. It's a deeper existence. Surely I can't, and don't want to, do it on my own. That's the other hard part. Doing is such an individual act. Becoming involves others...as iron sharpens iron. Being just oozes otherness. So think about it...who do you want to be or who are you becoming? How can today be a day of becoming the woman or man you're created to be?

Live well, laugh often, love much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home