Wednesday, March 15, 2006

the good, the bad, and the ugly

the good: for about a week or so, I've been thinking that tax day was today (march 15). so I get all my tax stuff together (being the wonderful procrastinator that I am) and get all that filed Monday. I still had to mail a couple of things today, though, thinking that I had made it just in time, having all my stuff post-marked by the 15th. so the good news is that my taxes are done.

the bad: I have stored in my memory that a friend's birthday is tax day. so I e-mail him saying, happy birthday. yeah, this is when I find out that tax day is April 15th, and indeed, it is not tax day, and it is definitely not this guy's birthday. oops.

the ugly: I didn't have any socks to match today so with a dark brown and aqua striped shirt and khakis, I wore tan socks with pink polka dots. Nice.

this week's been pretty good. I'm about half way through of being on call for two weeks in a row. nothing too dramatic has happened. when I left this morning, the moms were in the back talking, so I just walked out the front door. I get half way down the steps and they're both at the door yelling at me, asking me why I didn't say goodbye. I felt loved. I suppose we're bonding.

I had jury duty Monday morning. my number got called. they had called out 25 jurors for a 6 person jury. so I sat and listened to the case, then we all shared our bios, then we were questioned by both lawyers. I suppose I was crossed off the second after I answered the question regarding which denomination the seminary was that I attended. that'll do it every time.

it's in the 50s this week, although I heard it's supposed to snow again this weekend. I'm definitely ready for milder weather. not up to me, however.

lastly, for those of you who 'know' my laugh, you'll appreciate this: i got 'reprimanded' by the librarian on campus. she said that my laugh was too loud and she couldn't concentrate. that made me laugh (irony is a beautiful thing).

3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, ain't that the truth! Your laugh can make the "...sun shine on a cloudy day; and when it's cold outside, [we've] got the month of May!"

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks! your description of your socks with the outfit was great. I could just picture it. laughed at my desk! :)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Loren said...

as for the kicking...she's a rather hefty older russian woman...i'll just keep my thoughts (and feet) to myself. don't want to get taken out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home