Thursday, April 27, 2006

altitude and attitude

The weather's been a mess lately. Sunday it hailed twice, Monday and Tuesday it snowed, yesterday and today have been warm and sunny. Kind of like my emotions these days...a mess. Am doing much better today. Crazy how the thoughts and actions of one person can send me on a roller coaster. Am experiencing a ride I've never been on before and am trying to enjoy it, not knowing the twists and turns it might take.

In other noteworthy news, my boss/pastor/friend decides that he's going to form a committee at my church whose only purpose will be to decide what I should do with the rest of my life (his first idea was for me to be his assistant for the next 25 years; says it would be job security; I laughed and then begged to differ about the job security part, seeing as how his job is up in the air on any given day). I'll not be on said committee, although he said I could help choose the people to be on it. He's totally serious about this. We haven't come up with the final list of people. We're still discussing that part, throwing out names here and there. He said they would come up with three, two that I should choose from; the third being an alternate leaving open the possibility of marriage. I asked why the first two couldn't be open to that, too. His response, well, what if we come up with Hospital Administrator in Bangladesh? Nice...

So that's what's up with me these days. Am celebrated this week with two free lunches for the amazing job as Administrative Professional that I do. That's kind of fun (not the job I do, but the free lunches).

3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Dana said...

wow. don't let the miz hear about that committee or he might try to do the same at our church for me! :)

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

roller coaster, eh? Boy do I know that feeling! are you enjoying the roller coaster ride?

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger MMA Lady said...

I want to be on the committee!!!! It can be NLF - replace "student" with "Loren"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home