Thursday, April 14, 2005

the hardest thing ever

So, I promise I have thoughts of my own, but it just seems lately that what other people have said have really sunk in deep to the core of my being. This quote here goes against every fiber of my being, I do believe. But, it's exactly where I need to be and seems as if it is happening, whether I like it or not. My desire is to 'live everything,' as expressed in the following:

I would like to beg you dear Sir, as well as I can, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. rainer maria rilke

Sorry if it's hard to read, but the reason I chose pink is that it seems a color that is, too, like the ideas expressed in this quote, quite unlike me. But I like the color and the ideas it exudes. I'm becoming more fond of it these days.
As I take time to mull over the words above, I'm sure I'll expound more upon them. I'll leave you to do the same for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home