Wednesday, April 06, 2005

resolve: re-solve

I wonder how many times in one day I make up my mind to be resolved about something. I wonder if God ever gets tired of me deciding to be resolved about something only to revisit it and have to go through the whole process again. It's pretty exhausting, much like having a puzzle of a thousand pieces, getting the border and the clouds in the sky finished, only to decide that it's time to start over and each piece is taken apart from the others and jumbled up to begin again. You'd think the hope and thought of a finished picture would be enough to continue putting the pieces together. And it's not like it's hard to put a puzzle together. Perhaps with the metaphor extended appropriately to life, all of the puzzle pieces are not given and the top of the box is in the other room...and what if I think it's more worthwhile or makes me feel more accomplished to keep redoing stuff I already know about and have done instead of waiting on the next piece to come along.
Resolved to rest and wait and hope and long and live...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home