Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Meaning

I desperately want to have something of significance to blog today. But I don't want to blog for blog's sake. I'll just share some random thoughts, instead...

If something meaningless has meaning to someone, is it still meaningless? And who makes that call?

I wish one could become joyful by filling up at the joy station, like one fills up with gas. Even if it cost $1.69 a gallon, it'd be worth it. But there wouldn't be options such as regular or premium...it'd all be quality joy. And perhaps it'd only be full service, like in Oregon, cause joy can't come from one's own self.

...that's all for the moment...

2 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

full service only in oregon? seriously? so much for my novel that starts with will filling up a mustang.

i would say meaningfulness is not perceptor interpreted. if an idiot sees meaning in soemthing that's meaningless, it's still meaningless.

dowdy

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Bekah said...

A joy station? I love the idea. It's funny how sometimes I need to spend time recieving peace from God and instead I fill my time with everything else. The need for a fill up doesn;t go away no matter how many clothes I fold or phone calls I return. Only time at God's filling station truly gives peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home