Thursday, October 14, 2004

Choices

the decisions I make today likely will have an effect on numerous people throughout my liftetime and on into the future. wow. this was portrayed rather violently and graphically in the movie Butterfly Effect. it boggles my mind sometime just how much of a choice we have and what that does to people around us. i'm amazed at how the choices of others (namely my parents) affects me...and I don't have a say in the matter. I do, however, have a choice (there's that word again) how to react and respond to those choices, to be aware of how my choices can affect others, and live in a way that will honor the people in my life and bring glory to God, who has bestowed on me the privilege of a life filled with choice. so choose wisely, be mindful of others, and love God with your life.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Sometimes I wish that God had not given us free will. Maybe that is a strange thing to say but often times I have felt that choices have been the vain of my existence. Choices can be a dangerous and scary thing. Especially when I choose to go against God’s will for my life. The scariest part is not how bad choices affect me but how they affect other people. You are right. Every choice has a domino effect. Maybe that is why God wants us to seek Him with every single decision we make.

Just so you know the idea for my blog came from your blog. You should feel honored. I really liked your idea of ‘becoming’. You wrote, “Becoming involves others...as iron sharpens iron. Being just oozes otherness.” This struck me. Because I so often try to do things on my own. It’s this ‘selfish-independence’ problem I have. But I know the process of constantly becoming must involve others who will walk alongside of me.

As for my Smitty fixation; tread lightly Miss Loren, be very careful not to speak ill of him or there could be grave consequences for doing so. ;) Yes, I am a huge Michael W. Smith fan. He is one of my personal hero’s, along with George W and Billy Graham (NOT GILMAN). And at least I don’t have a fixation with The Cathedrals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home