Wednesday, October 06, 2004

it's a heart thing

I LOVE it when I'm 'leading' (I prefer the idea of facilitating) a group and unexpectedly I get blown away by someone's perspective or take on things. It happens often enough that I should start making that an expectation, looking out for it every chance I get.
This way cool girl with Annie-ish blonde curly hair, wearing the coolest outfit I've seen someone actually able to pull off in quite a while (would not give it justice if I tried to describe it), made the point that there is a difference between obedience and surrender. She said she could do something, or even say something, without fully surrendering it and until the surrender comes, there will be no change. It's a heart thing. Wow. May my heart get on board...may I unclench my fist so that God can give me what He wants to and not what I think I should hold on to...the security is in letting go...

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Hi Loren!

I love all your posts . . . they really touched me as I was reading through them this evening. I need to unclench my fists and let God work, but that's so hard to do.

To help you understand the Grover blog a little more . . . I am married to a wonderful guy who happened to have an incredible imagination when he was little. He and his sister made up names for all of their stuffed animals and had incredible storylines for each one. Well, we were in Walmart a few years ago and decided to purchase a small Grover beanie baby. Since then, he has become an amusing "presence" in our family and talks to all of us and is quite hilarious (through the crazy brain and voice of my hubby, kind of like a ventriloquist, but really he's just Grover, and we don't even notice that my husband is "doing" his voice). My younger brother is Jonathan, so my husband is his brother-in-law, and Grover is . . . ? Hmmm, I'm not sure how Grover is related to any of us. Of course, the story is that we adopted Grover throught the Special Monster Adoption Program, otherwise known as SMAP. Crazy, yes, but you wouldn't believe how Grover has truly taken on a life of his own. Our future children will be entertained for hours. Or they'll just think their dad is crazy.

It was nice meeting you in cyberspace. Your faith is inspiring.

Shari (my lil' kitty's name is Bonnabelle)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home