Friday, April 29, 2005

scripture

I am comforted by, but somehow still don't understand the whole 'ask...seek...knock...' thing. I've been mulling it over for the past couple of days and have been trying to go deep with it and then just be surfacy with it, and I'm just praying that God would continue to reveal to me with understanding what that means and that I'd continue to wait patiently for His revelation.

The scripture I read today was "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:6-8 NIV

The first part still includes the whole asking, giving a little bit more clarity on the how of asking. So I'm encouraged in that I'm ok in the asking, and will continue to present that before God, but I'm working on my attitude and the how of it all.
So, I'm just gonna be thinking on such things, I suppose...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home