Thursday, May 19, 2005

the latest happenings

So I got chided for not expressing clearly my latest accomplishment. I don't really see it as 'latest' necessarily, though, because it's been in the works for four years now.

Saturday May 14, 2005 I graduated from Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary with my Masters of Divinity.

I think that now I should be called 'divine master' by all.

So, for now, this means that the end of my 21 year student streak is up. Although, I will always be a life long learner. And I'm applying to teach at a community college in the fall, so I may be back in the classroom, but in another capacity.

The next step is moving. I'm moving closer to work (no more 45 minute to 1 hour commute) into a house with a family. They have three kids (Bryah, 13 year old guy; Emma, 11 year old girl, and Mikaylah, 8 year old girl). I was over the other night just for dinner and Mikaylah says, 'you're practically part of the family already.' She's SO cute. So that should be fun. I'll be moving into the basement, with its own separate entrance, my very own kitchen (first time in my life) and then I'll share the common living area down there and the bathroom. Looking forward to learning more about living in community.

So that's the surfacy 'what's going on in my world' news.

Oh yeah, and my sister is engaged and getting married November 5. He came to my graduation and it was the first time I'd met him and I truly think he's the best thing that's happened to my family since I came along (ha ha).

There ya have it...

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Wow, that is so awesome Loren! I wish I had finished school when I was in my early 20's. I'm now facing going back to school and having children at the same time, so I regret not using the time I had when I had it. But it's never too late, so I'm just going to take it one baby step at a time!
Congratulations!! I know you worked hard!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Brent said...

Congrats from me too - I confess to never having heard of "Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary". Is it actually in San Francisco? Sounds like it should be...

I spent 2 & 1/2 years at Gordon College near Boston, MA. At one time not too long ago the college was combined with Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary... do you know of either of them? I was a philosophy major, which was actually interesting because I spent two years as a philosophy major at Cal State Long Beach before I made my way out to Gordon. Needless to say it was an interesting contrast of "philosophies" (pun intended).

Anyway - good luck with whatever it is you end up doing next!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Gypsy Hart said...

wa-hoo from a fellow graduate! CONGRADULATIONS! and yay for you! we are now considered "they"...you know what they say, don't you...yeah, that's us, we are the "they"! people tell stories, "you know what they used to do..." that's us! we're it! cool, huh? I'm kinda excited about it!
Congradulations again and again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home