Tuesday, May 10, 2005

celebrate

the knee (really leg) brace is off!

i turned in my last paper of my seminary career...rather anticlimactic, but still reason to celebrate.

the sun is shining and it's gonna be 80 today (snow is in the forecast for Thursday).

in class yesterday, allan decided we'd celebrate the last day of class. we had ice cream cake from coldstone (yum) and he brings up the question of the day: where do you see yourself three years from now (which I find out later should include what you think will happen within those three years). i speak up and share that i don't think that's a celebratory question and that we've covered that topic enough in the class. he disagreed and i had to proceed.
i shared about my uncertainty with all of life, my whole waiting thing, and then if i had to, i'd just dream...i'd like to be teaching at the community college this fall, still working here, then start on my PhD, get married (yeah, so then meet the guy who I'm going to marry or something to that effect) and then I threw in go to France and have a coffeeshop as option B just for kicks.
I thought about it later and decided a better celebratory question would've been to ask, 'what has God shown you, done in and through you this past year; the past four years of your seminary career?" that would've been happy, easier, and then I would be better at living out the scripture: be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in every situation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home