Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Holding Pattern

So as I was externally processing with a friend today (which is how most of the truth about my life comes out), I realized, I believe anyway, that God has me in a holding pattern that will most likely last about a year (at the least, it looks like). Of course, it's rather comical that I'm scheduling and structuring my holding pattern, the season where God is saying, 'wait on me for the next thing, Loren.'
But as I was talking about it and thinking over it later on during the day (most of the rest of the day, really), I thought about how just because I'm in a holding pattern doesn't mean that my life is on hold. I'm still offered abundant life in Christ, and because I don't know much about the specifics of my life, I can focus on meeting the needs of others...I can pursue that as my 'what I'm working on at the moment' as well as be in a place to not be so busy and focused on something such as school, to really focus on becoming the woman God has me to be.
So now all I have to do is get to a place of acceptance and peace about it (my prayer as well) and choose to live focusing on loving God and loving others (the two commands I'm called to as a follwer of Christ).
I'll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home