Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Take a Hike

Tomorrow, I will do something I've never done before. I will be hiking a fourteener. For those of you who don't know (and I was sure one of those not too long ago), a fourteener is a mountain that is 14,000 feet in elevation or higher. The goal is to hike to two (Greys and Torreys). We'll see if that happens.
We're going as a staff for our annual 'retreat.' I can't imagine it not being a bonding time.
The hike is about 8 miles round trip. The estimated time it will take us is 6 hours (4 hours up, 2 hours down). We will gain 3,000 feet in elevation during the hike. The trailhead is at 11,200 and the peak is 14,200. What fun! I'm told I'll see mountain goats, amazing views, and tons and tons of rocks.
I'll let you know how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home