Monday, March 27, 2006

hard stuff

i know i'm not supposed to understand everything, but some things are harder to handle than others. i found out today that a family that used to be a part of our house church was in a horrible car accident yesterday. their 6 month old baby, Elizabeth Grace, died instantly. The husband died this morning after they took him off the ventilator. The wife is in critical condition. The sad thing is that the wife has to deal with losing her husband and her baby, and about two years ago they lost a baby when he was 2 days old. All the head stuff I know doesn't help my heart stuff at a time like this.

And life goes on. And God allows life to go on for some of us.

I noticed that it's been exactly a month today since I heard from CU Boulder telling me I should hear something 'very soon.' Very soon for them is a month or longer, because I've yet to hear the final word from them. We'll see. I continue to wait.

Yesterday, I flew a kite for the first time in my life. It was a perfect kite-flying day. It was windy; really windy. It was fun. Way fun. Yay.

One resident moved out this weekend; another moved in. More transition at the transitional home for single moms.

This life thing isn't a piece of cake.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so right. Life is not a piece of cake. What a good reminder when I think things should just neatly fall into place, but they don't. (when do they ever?! I still have hope though)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home