Monday, October 06, 2008

the things of the journey

this weekend, i co-hosted a baby shower. my first baby shower ever to co-host. it went well. i can't wait to meet little jude (due Nov. 14). we had petit fors and mini-quiches and drank punch out of wine glasses.

that morning, i learned that a 40 year old healthy husband and father of 5, devoted follower of Christ died. he found out back in November that he had stage 4 lung cancer. never smoked a day in his life. was in great physical and spiritual shape. now he's gone. the hardest thing for me is those 5 girls (ages 6-16) who were so faithful and hopeful their dad would live. and of course he's living eternally in a much better place, but for now, that's still not ok to me. i pray their faith continues (thought I can't say I'd blame them if it didn't). I pray they feel and know the peace and love of God during this hard, sad time.

and it's the little things that get to me. that I hate. we didn't have church because of a blue grass festival. i'm totally ok with that. except, only 1 person from our church ended up going. there are only 6 of us total. but then after that, when we would normally meet for church, they all (minus shawn and me) hung out together. didn't even think to call us. ok. that just stings a bit. not that i wasn't productive last night (had to study for a test...only got through Freud...have 3 more theorists to learn by Wednesday), but it's the principle. we've been 'church' with these two couples for over a year now. i just wish we were thought of to hang out outside of church. hardly happens...

so i've been praying for 7 San Rafael friends (that's the town in which we live). which means I have to hang out in San Rafael to meet people that would become friends. but i work full-time in another town. which means i have to be hanging out downtown San Rafael during the evenings. I've had the idea of joining a book club. will go look on Craigslist for something like that right now.

not to mention that Auburn lost Saturday...to Vanderbilt. really? we need to get a consistent offense going. don't think that will happen this season. i'm not looking forward to the Iron Bowl this year.

gotta go get ready for a meeting about numbers with the President and the Registrar...

1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger MMA Lady said...

Wow - I just now read this. I'm praying for you, girl. I really get this post. Thanks for posting it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home