Tuesday, May 24, 2005

emergency key

thursday night i stayed up to do some laundry. since the fam was in town the whole weekend before, i didn't have time on my normal laundry day to do such. so i'd fallen asleep between loads. i woke up just enough to put the last load from the washer to the dryer. as i crawled back into bed, i heard the ever-annoying loud clanks coming from the dryer. since it was a load of towels and whites, there was no reason for such clanking. so i got up, opened the dryer and felt around to see what was causing such havoc to my ears. i pulled out a flat peice of metal with the words 'emergency key' engraved. normally, i wouldn't think anything of this type of thing except a) how randomly odd is that? and 2) God's been trying to get my attention for quite some time. as I was sharing this with a friend, her interpretation was that God was trying any way He could to get me to wake up (literally and spiritually), to see that He's the key, and that it's an urgent thing for me to realize He is the key to all with which I've been dealing lately; that He has the key...to the doors...the ones I think are closed, the ones to the questions to which I desperately want to know the answers
so I'm thankful for that...for that 'wake-up call' of sorts. should it have to be so hard and random as this said experience, though? what does that tell me about me? more questions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home