Wednesday, May 25, 2005

what my coworkers think

Every morning we have a little prayer/devotion time here at work. There are two different organizations in this one building, so I don't come in contact with all of the employees on a regular basis. Nonetheless, the devotion today was about us being God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10 and Psalm 139). Then we put our name at the top of an index card, passed it around and people wrote one word descriptions of us. We did the same for each of the people in the room. Here's what others had to say about me:

Nice (always a great description...basically says, "I don't really know you, but I'm trying to be nice.")
Intelligent, gifted (from one of the professors I actually do work around)
Joyful
spirit-filled
fun to be around (little does she know...)
infectious laughter
positive attitude--always! (this came as a shock, seriously)
seems to know where she is going (operative word for me, there: seems)

I needed to hear what was read today and was encouraged by these things.
The only thing is that when she read 'masterpiece' (alternative for workmanship, can also be translated 'poem' which is how I prefer it), the song "Masterpiece" that was out when I was in middle school popped into my head and even though I've been listening to music all morning, it's still in my head. "I've found a masterpiece in you; a work of art it's true; and I treasure you my love..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home