Saturday, August 26, 2006

moving

I'm starting the move from the transitional home for single moms back to the house with the family with whom I lived last summer. I came across this poem that somehow described the state i'm in unbeknownst to me until I read the words. from "Reading Moby-Dick at 30,000 Feet," by Tony Hoagland, from Donkey Gospel At this stage of the journey I would estimate the distance between myself and my own feelings is roughly the same as the mileage from Seattle to New York... A new resident and her 6 year old daughter are moving in today. The little girl is cute and so smart for her age. As she walks in the door, she says, 'Hey. What's up? I'm moving in!' That put a smile on my face. I'm not going to get to know them or walk with them through the ups and downs. That makes me sad (a feeling, an expressed emotion; yay). I'm also quite relieved, though, that I'll have my weeknights and weekends free. That makes me feel like I'm being selfish. But I know that my time is up here. I'm thankful for this opportunity I've had. I'm hopeful to what God's got in store. I'm starting the move...

1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about you and your moving out this weekend late last night. I must tell you why.

Prince Harry and I were sitting and talking about that job you had WAY back in the way back when you cooked meals in the toaster oven for the old frump-a-grump lady. We had a good laugh remembering that.

It makes me think that, maybe a few years from now, you'll look back on the House in a similar fashion. Maybe you won't belly laugh, but smile at the least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home