Thursday, November 16, 2006

habits and honor

trying to quit two bad habits that i've had since i can remember: chewing ice and biting my nails. someone doesn't want me to chew ice (actually several someones don't want me to chew ice, but one in particular that seems to matter more than not these days). notice both have to do with having something in my mouth. don't know what to do to 'replace' those habits.

today: one piece of ice chewed so far; nails: one cuticle bit (no nails, though i really don't have much to bite at the moment anyway)

in other news, i got asked to attend 'Grandparents' Day' by the nine year old of the family with whom I live. she says, 'it's not just for grandparents. moms and dads, sisters and other relatives come, too. and since you're like a sister and my best friend, i thought it would be great.' i told her to ask when it was and how long i'd need to be there.
i got to take her to the bus stop and wait with her until the bus arrived. i thought it cute that even though there were other kids (her two best friends among the crowd) and other parents, she still wanted me to stand there waiting. she gave me a kiss and hug as the bus drove up and then waived to me from the window as it drove away. so sweet.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger annelies said...

i love the story about your little friend. :)

as far as your habit, try celery munching and / or mentos (maybe in addition to needing oral fixation, it's the texture you need also. so go for the crunchy.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home