Wednesday, September 28, 2005

the days to come

I've spent two nights at the Treasure House (that's the transitional home I moved into to help out). I'm already amazed. I know it's only been two nights and I know there will be some hard times to come in the next month, or so, but already I am looking forward to being in relationship with these women. Last night, I heard basically the whole life story of Melissa, was told by Brandy that I needed to stay for good (one month isn't enough) and that she likes me (the last two girls who interned over the summer, she knew she didn't like them by day two) and was asked by Dori why I wanted to live with them. I got to pray over Gracie (4 month old, one of four of Melissa's children, the only one she has custody of) that God would use her and that she would make wise choices despite what kind of environment she ends up growing up in, that she would recognize and live for Jesus as Saviour and Lord. I've gotten invited to go dress shopping, get my nails done, and hang out on 16th Street Mall with them. It's been two days! I learned last night that dinner time includes a question of the day (my coworkers from Mill Valley would smile that I get to continue this) as well as a high and a low of the day. Two of the women didn't have lows yesterday. How humbling and challenging and encouraging all at the same time!
So I don't know how long I'll be there. I'm open to what God is up to in this situation. My prayer is that I would be all there for the time I'm there and would learn from them and allow God to use me in their lives.

And I can't believe my sister is getting married in a month and a week!

And my friend Will included a reference to the LSU/Tennessee game and I just need to say that I rather enjoyed watching UT come from behind and beat LSU. This weekend should be pretty stuinkin' fun for SEC football: Florida/Bama and then Auburn/USC. I love Fall...

I know those last two comments were rather random, but at least I have my priorities straight, huh?

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - i got referred to in your blog - what an honor!

have an awesome day! u r in my prayers!

- will

 

Post a Comment

<< Home