Wednesday, February 22, 2006

grateful

I got to work a little early this morning. A lady who works down the hall came in and not in the 'i'm-passing-so-will-politely-ask-how-you're-doing-but-really-don't-care' way, but in a truly genuine way, asks how I am this morning. She noticed yesterday that I didn't seem to be doing so well. I told her that it was hard for me to mask my feelings. Even when I try, it just doesn't work. Everyone knows what's going on with me pretty much every moment of the day, words or no words. This can be good and can be actually quite a difficult reality. Regardless, it is what it is. Anyway, so she says she knows how that is...it's the same for her with lying. Then she told me her yesterday wasn't so great either. She said she went home, sat on the floor with her dogs, and cried. I told her I cried at least three separate times yesterday. She said that she just felt like she was in quicksand. Goodness, did I relate. So then she says, well I'm glad to know there's someone out there who experiences the same things as I. And anytime you need a shoulder, you just come down the hall and I'll be there. It doesn't hurt that she also enjoys good coffee, as I.
I needed to share that to give God credit. I really needed that as a reminder of humanity and community and all that jazz. Pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home