Tuesday, February 14, 2006

today

woke up in a bad mood. perhaps it has something to do with this whole holiday thing (if I hear, 'Jesus is my Valentine' one more time, I'm going to hurl cause that's really not what it's about...it started as a Roman thing cause the emperor at the time banned engagements cause he needed guys to go to war for him and he didn't want them all in love and stuff so this priest, whose last name was Valentine, and one of his buddies started doing marriage ceremonies on the dl. he got caught and was killed, but he himself was in love with some chick and his last words written ended in 'from your Valentine.').
then i remembered the importance of this day in my spiritual life. 18 years ago today I got baptized. I accepted Christ as my Savior and Lord on January 28. Most people think that kids don't know what they're doing. I really believe I made that decision and change happened in my life. Praise God for the faith to believe and for His guiding hand throughout my life. And praise Jesus for His life, death and resurrection. For His example. Praise the Holy Spirit for guidance, too, and for the promptings and 'gut feelings.'
Thinking about that makes me feel a little better...

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Shari said...

LOL at your description of Valentine's Day! :-) That was a great summary. I'm sorry that you woke up in a bad mood. It's wonderful that you have that anniversary in your spiritual life to look back one today. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home