Sunday, January 22, 2006

the latest adventure

This weekend I was 'kidnapped' and taken to an unknown location for my surprise belated birthday celebration...and it was definitely worth the wait. Four friends and I stayed in a condo (for free...aunt of a friend of a friend) in Estes Park for the weekend. Saturday we got up and went into town, rented snowshoes (only $10/ea for snowshoes and poles; not surprisingly, I was given a smaller pair than all the others), and went to Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park (one of the friends has a pass, so instead of paying $20, we got in free). We snowshoed for about 1.5 miles. Not really long, but I wasn't up to as much as I wanted to since being sick has taken its toll. Anyway, it's one of the funnest things I've ever done. And GORGEOUS. The coolest thing to me is that I hiked the same trail back in August (or maybe July; can't remember now), but seeing it completely different, with the lake frozen over and the mountains donning snow drifts was glorious. It was definitely a hit, something we'll do again, and something everyone enjoyed, which is always nice.
The rest of the weekend we took it easy. We read some, cooked dinner, played some games. This morning, we got up and went out for breakfast. Three of the girls went back to Denver, while a friend and I stayed in Estes and shopped some, then stopped in Boulder to catch part of the game, then shopped some more and came back to Denver to watch more football.
All in all, a pretty awesome weekend doing something I've never done before, but will more than likely do several more times this winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home