Friday, December 02, 2005

Prayer and such

So I don't get it sometimes. This whole prayer thing really boggles my mind. For example, praying to find the ticket to the Nickel Creek concert. Even more trivial, we had this drawing for '12 days of Christmas' at work. It was system wide, and whoever's name is drawn wins a gift certificate. So jokingly, after the first day I said I was gonna pray about winning. I felt bad about joking about it, so I actually prayed. The second day...my name was drawn and I won a $50 gift certificate to Starbucks.
That same day, one of my bosses had to do a funeral for a two year old. She had some sort of degenerative heart disease. I'm sure the family prayed for healing...
I've prayed for things before that seemingly are answered in a different manner than my heart's desire, or even seem to go unanswered. I just don't get it sometimes.
Interestingly enough, with the two aforementioned 'answers to prayer,' I've been reading a book about the heart of a woman and how we were made for romance and how God longs to romance us and does it individually. Wonder if that all happened at the same time for a reason...

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger jeff said...

This is gonna sound sunday school...no prayer is unanswered, no answer or different answer is an answer. I know you know and probably meant this I am just anal. To quote my nugga Francis Schaeffer, "God is there and he is not silent."--in spite of what we may think or feel his actions indicate. I am such a toolbag. I do think prayer is one of those things that is tough to make logical or even intelligible sometimes, just simply have to embrace and wrestle you know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home