Thursday, December 01, 2005

it's here

For some reason, for the past couple of years, I've gotten into listening to Christmas music during the month of December. For most of my life (as if I've been around that long), I've not appreciated Christmas music at all. I think that changed when a fellow seminarian made a couple of mixed CDs for a Christmas party we had. That got me hooked. I'm not one for listening to Christimas music in November (as I heard on the radio the first week in November), nor am I one for remakes of the classics by Christian 'artists' or Country music stars, nor am I one for having to listen to the music drone on and on in department stores (who am I kidding? I'm not one for department stores in general), but give me the classics and I'm in the spirit. So I decided today was a good day to kick off my Christmas season with some Christmas classics on my yahoo station. Quite exciting really. And yesterday for the morning devotion, the lady leading it had us all sing 'O Come, O Come, Emmanuel' which is my all time favorite Christmas carol. AND I knocked out four presents by using my 15 minute break wisely this morning and shopping online. Yay.
Craziness, really. I can't believe it's already December. Don't have a cluse where the past few months have gone. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Guess I can't do anything about it regardless.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger just a traveller said...

Does this mean you secretly LIKE the stuff we heard over the airwaves at the Deli?....

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger just a traveller said...

I knew it!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home