Friday, October 14, 2005

the other 27

My friend made her list of 27 things she's looking forward to about the states. I find it interesting that when comparing our lists, food and people are the commonalities...

27 Things…

1. Not hearing the call to prayer five times a day.
2. Not hearing incessant honking on the street below my balcony and bedroom.
3. Temperatures lower than 90 degrees.
4. Any kind of weather besides perfectly clear skies and blinding sunshine.
5. Watching Katie Couric at 7am instead of 3pm.
6. Soft towels.
7. People obeying traffic laws.
8. Sitting in front of the fireplace everyday.
9. Watching the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy with my brother.
10. Playing cards with the fam.
11. Seeing Lo-Ren.
12. Route 66 Strawberry Limeaid.
13. Good pizza with real pepperoni.
14. Not worrying about the shower flooding every time I take it.
15. Weekends being the days of the week that I learned growing up (instead of on Thursday and Friday).
16. Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea lotion.
17. Electric ovens.
18. Orange juice and bagels.
19. Ready made pie crusts.
20. Libraries.
21. Drinking coffee again. (Happiness)
22. Seeing my dad laugh and not just hearing it over the phone.
23. Talking with mom for hours and hours on end.
24. Purchasing the CD’s that I cannot download off the internet.
25. Playing with my cousins.
26. Maybe some new clothes?
27. I seriously had to think hard to come up with 26, so I just want to re-emphasize the stronger ones: #1, 2, 4, 6, 13 and all the family ones.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey loren. i really like your doing/being quote. nik just said it was self composed. very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home