Wednesday, October 05, 2005

27 reasons

My friend Nikki is making a list of 27 reasons she's looking forward to being back in the states (after being overseas for a couple of years) so I told her I would make a list of 27 reasons I miss the South at times. I get to go back for almost a week for my sister's wedding and then I'll be back there for two weeks for Christmas (longest time spent there in about four years).

in no particular order (really, except for #1 and #14)

1. SWEET TEA
2. Rush's (fast food joint)
3. Groucho's Junior STP
4. college football
5. Five Points (this is specific to Columbia; cool part of town)
6. southern hospitality
7. Grandmother
8. Granddaddy
9. no snow
10. the few friends I still have there
11. my bed (in my mom's place)
12. extended (real) Fall
13. summer afternoon thunderstorms
14. did I mention Sweet Tea?
15. hanging out with my mom
16. my sister and her soon-to-be-husband (the best thing to happen to our family since I was born)
17. lots of trees (especially magnolias)

that's as far as I can get so far...I'll get to 27, though, I promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home