Friday, December 02, 2005

Nickel Creek

Nickel Creek (NC) is one of my favorite bands. I appreciate that they write their own stuff and can play some pretty cool instruments. I went to the concert by myself, which was kind of cool. The even cooler thing is that I could walk to the Filmore from where I live. It was a little scary walking home, but I made it, and it just felt even more real that I live in the city (which is something I've always wanted to do).
There was a bit of drama and chaos preceding the concert because I couldn't find my ticket. I'd bought the ticket a few months before the concert (can you tell that I really wanted to go) and had since moved. I thought I put it in a safe place, but was wrong. So I'd already walked down to the Filmore before I realized what I'd done. So, as I'm freaking out on the way back to the house to go look for it, I call my sister. She calms me down some (what's wrong with this picture). So I get to the house, go up to my room and start looking for it. I'm looking in the last place I can think of when Barb (new staff at Treasure House) knocks on my door, asks if I've found it, and then offers to pray (which my sister is doing concurrently). I say, 'sure.' She prays, I think of one more place to look, and it's there.
So I collect myself, walk back down, and get there in plenty of time (the cover guy was ok; I just sat to the side and chilled, preparing for NC).
As I'm sitting listening, I also do one of my favorite things in the world: people watch. I don't know what I was expecting at this concert, but I was surprised by the crowd. There were older people, teenagers, couples, singles, trendy dressers, hippies, well-to-dos. And racially, the crowd was quite diverse as well. I think that made me enjoy the concert even more.
So then NC comes out and plays for about 2 hours. A couple of times, I almost left (I was on call that night at Treasure House), but chose not to. I'm quite glad because they played my two favorites last. Excellent.
They were quite witty, engaging, and amazingly talented.
They said this was the biggest crowd on this tour they'd had so far. Pretty cool.
I don't go to concerts often. But I'm very glad I went to this one. Great fun. Great.

2 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Shari said...

I love Nickel Creek! LOL! :-) I commented before you even finished the post!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so proud of you for going by yourself..kudos, babe. i to enjoy NC, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home