Thursday, January 05, 2006

my favorite

had to share my favorite quotes from my grandmother and mother (respectively) while with them for the past two weeks...

after answering the question that my grandmother refuses to stop asking EVERY time I am with her concerning whether i've found a guy, am dating a guy, or any version of such in the negative (my latest answer being 'i haven't found him, yet' although i think starting now i'll change it to 'he hasn't found me, yet') she responds,
'well, there are worse things than being an old maid.'
nice.

my mother speaking of the way christmas turned out this year: (not to her liking because she was still recovering from my sister's wedding in early november) 'christmas will be the way i'd like it next year, unless there's another wedding before then.'
to which i begin laughing, realizing that she was implying the wedding of yours truly. i immediately reminded her that i'm not even in a relationship at the moment, and this time last year, my sister was in relationship with her now-husband and it was already getting serious. puh-le-hease...
not that i wouldn't mind, but that's quite hard to imagine at this point and time.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, loren...let me tell you that I FEEL your pain. my granny bea is the same with the constant stream of questions and nudges.
BUT my mother - she topped the cake. a few years ago, i was MAYBE 24, if that...mom and i are driving down the road when she suddenly says to me, "marie, i...i think you're destined to marry a man who's been sh@* on." that was it...a lovely prediction at that. so let me reiterate, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! love you girl, mg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home