Tuesday, February 07, 2006

what's going on

As I was sending an e-mail to a friend catching up, I realized that I hadn't put the day-to-day stuff that's been going on in my life in the blog. So here goes (not that it's interesting or exciting, but just FYI)...

I've applied for a couple of opportunities. The first would put me closer to my family and a few friends. I think it'd be in Charlotte. It's a two year fellowship for me to learn about non-profit stuff. I'd learn about grant writing, shadow a non-profit exec, plan and develop my own non-profit project. It's about the most amazing thing I've ever heard of...and it pays. I'll know if I've made it to round 1 of interviews by the end of this week (phone interviews start Monday the 13th). Ultimately, I'll know about that by March 3.

The other thing is to get into a PhD program at the University of Colorado at Boulder. It'd be in interpersonal communication. I wouldn't mind that, either, although it's kind of plan B at the moment because of the fellowship opportunity.

All of that to say it's not been easy waiting. But I'm a little better about it this week.

On top of that, the assistant director at the transitional home I live in was asked to leave. She finally moved her stuff out almost a week later than when she was asked to leave (she'd just left with an overnight bag leaving us guessing as to when she'd come to get the rest of her stuff). That was last Tuesday.

The day before, last Monday, a new resident moved in. She's 18 and has a one-and-a-half-month old. She's really sweet and he (the baby) is SO cute: he looks like a baby doll.

So that's been some transition. I got to move into the former assistant director's room (it's bigger). So I've also been busy doing that.

If that's not enough, we hired a librarian the middle of January, so I've been busy training her, too.

Other than that, not much is going on :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home