Thursday, February 02, 2006

My thoughts for once

So a friend asked why I liked the ee cummings poem and I realized I hadn't expounded upon it in the least, so here goes:

I think mostly I'm drawn to the way he puts his words together. The imagery that he conjures up inspires something within. I'm attracted to anything described as 'serenely linger'ing. I also appreciate his personification of nature and inanimate objects. And the contrast between the discussion of life (the garden in general) with the reality of 'Time' and 'Death's blade' really hits home to me and makes me think about the fleeting nature (pun intended) of what we've got going on here with this whole life thing we do.

Other than that, I guess I just wanted to share it with others so that they, too, might be able to get something from it and just enjoy poetry at its finest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home