Monday, January 30, 2006

what one of my friends has to say

When I was a kid I used to read through the dictionary. I would like to say it was because I was so smart and books bored me, but it was mostly so I could learn new ways of saying foul words. Despite that, I do like new words, and when I come across them I try to store them away for later reflection. One I came across most recently is "albedo". My source says, "the albedo of an object is its optical reflectivity, i.e., the extent to which it reflects light."Now out of the dictionary... I dont think I have a great albedo. Over the past few weeks, months, and some years, I have noticed myself reflecting more and more the shadow of the other terrestrial objects around me than the light of the Son. Sure the terrestrials have their own beauty, but they really fall short without the light of the Son. And without reflecting the Son, I have no nourishment for the things I need and slowly grow pale and waste away. --EJ smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home