Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 22 – Travel

How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?

So I'm a little behind on this daily December blogging due to travel (ironic, huh, due to the title post?)

We're in Minnesota visiting Shawn's family and it's Jack's first Christmas. Besides a little cold, Jack's had a blast. We have had a great time, too. My mom came for a few days for which we're all thankful. Shawn's folks are enjoying every minute of Jack. Granpa Don is a pro at feeding Jack carrots and peas. I'm thankful for that because Jack doesn't seem to like it when I try to do the same.

2010 was a little low on the travel, but the best trip was our baby moon to San Diego. We were just telling Shawn's brother and sister-in-law about it yesterday. The weather was great. The people were friendly. Coronado was beautiful. So much to do, so much fun. We saw a Padres game, we went swimming a couple of times, we went to the famous zoo that is definitely all it's cracked up to be.

The only other trip I took was to South Carolina to be a part of a women's retreat my mom cohosted. It was nice and relaxing. I'm glad I went. It was for my birthday celebration.

Next year, I doubt we'll travel tons with Jack, but I hope the one trip we make is back to Minnesota. Next year Shawn turns 40 and I want to celebrate by taking him to a live show of Prairie Home Companion. I really hope it works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home