Friday, December 17, 2010

December 16 – Friendship

How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

(Author: Martha Mihalick)

I think I could spend days upon days mentioning friends who've changed me. I think that if we're not changed by those we spend life with, then we're missing the whole point to friends, to our community. But two come to mind, so I'll share those.

My friend Taryn, who is now on the other side of the country for me continually shares her perspective and experiences that changes me for the better. Her love, her frankness, her compassion, her joy...all of that makes me open my eyes to the beauty around me, to the opportunities to be light and love to all around me.

My friend Kelly as been keeping me accountable about Letting Go. She's helped me slowly remember boundaries and keep them here at work. It's been a gradual thing, but it's really improved my emotional well being. I'm really thankful for that perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home