Thursday, December 09, 2010

December 9 – Party Prompt

Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

I have been truly blessed this year in the party arena. TWO of the best parties in the world were thrown for me this year.

The first was my birthday party.



My friend, Toni, threw an outrageously awesome party for me. Complete with my own logo, magnets with my favorite words on them, and party favors any girl would want. It was all in green (my favorite color), the girls who attended were asked to wear green, we played one of my favorite games (Taboo), had my favorite foods (sour cream and onion pringles, delicious petite fors from Woodland market) and drinks (Dr. Pepper and Sweet Tea). I was surrounded by some of my favorite people (even Nikaley from France and April from Africa made an appearance...both being home for just a few months). To top it all off, I decided that I wanted to share with all of them at the same time that I was pregnant. So I read up on different ways to share. I decided to have Toni take a picture of all of us. The first take she said the usual, 'Say cheese!' The 2nd take she said, 'Say "Loren's pregnant!"' It was priceless. Crickets could be heard. It took a second for it to sink in. Then everyone freaked out. It was great!

The second was my baby shower.



Oh goodness. I can't say enough about Pam, Toni, Katie and Marian! These ladies went all out for me and Jack. I felt so incredibly special. My mom was able to be a part of the celebration, as well. The decorations were awesome. The food (can you see a theme?) was to die for. Karen Robinson made her scrumptious blueberry scones. They bought more petite fors from Woodland Market. The favors this time (Toni again) had Jack's life verse (Job 10:12) on them, were mini chinese-take-out style boxes with homemade cookies inside. Pam went all out...including beautiful table linens. Pam also put together a perfect scrapbook of the day that I'll cherish forever. I felt so supported and loved.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Anonymous on the eastern journey said...

SO fun! I can't believe Karen C. was at your party!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home