Monday, December 06, 2010

December 5 – Let Go.

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

(Author: Alice Bradley)

Oh my word. This has been my mantra at work for the past 6 months or so.

My work situation is interesting at best. Tricky at least.

I have an overwhelming sense of responsibility and justice. But being in a job with no authority, little respect, and lots of inconsistency, I've had to let go of any expectations of right or good to happen. It seems if I even try to excel or go above and beyond, I get punished or held back. So I've had to let go of alot in regards to expectations and fulfillment at work.

It isn't easy, but it has been a bit freeing. I get my work done, but nothing above and beyond. Which is a little sad to me, at times, but I've learned that it won't do any good or get me anywhere.

I struggle to maintain integrity, but think I've found the balance.

I'm not sure how long I'll have to stay here. But God has provided a source of income, a job with excellent benefits, and a place where I have friends who can encourage and support me along the way.

In fact, I just came across this entry from the book The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
December 4:
"How much do we need to let go of?" a friend asked one day.
"I'm not certain," I replied, "but maybe everything."
Letting go is a spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical process, a sometimes mysterious metaphysical process of releasing to God…that which we are clinging to so tightly.
We let go of our grasp on people, outcomes, ideas, feelings, wants needs, desires—everything. We let go of trying to control our progress in recovery. Yes, it’s important to acknowledge and accept what we want and what we want to happen. But it’s equally important to follow through by letting go.
Letting go is the action part of faith. It is a behavior that gives God…permission to send us what we’re meant to have.
Letting go means we acknowledge that hanging on so tightly isn’t helping to solve the problem, change the person, or get the outcomes we desire. It isn’t helping us. In fact, we learn that hanging on often blocks us from getting what we want and need.
Who are we to say that things aren’t happening exactly as they need to happen?
There is magic in letting go. Sometimes we get what we want soon after we let go. Sometimes it takes longer. Sometimes the specific outcome we desire doesn’t happen. Something better does.
Letting go sets us free and connects us to our Source.
Letting go creates the optimum environment for the best possible outcomes and solutions.

Today I will relax. I will let go of that which is upsetting me the most. I will trust that by letting go, I have started the wheels in motion for things to work out in the best possible way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home