Monday, December 06, 2010

December 4 – Wonder.

How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

(Author: Jeffrey Davis)

So, I was pregnant for half of 2010, and have been figuring out this 'how-to-be-myself-but-be-a-mom-too' thing since then.

While pregnant, I really did marvel and awe at God's creativity and his sovreignty. I was filled with wonder about the process of life. I really had to let go and learn to trust the process of life (as I was living it, as well as while it was going on inside of me, almost a part from me, but as well a part of me).

I cultivated the sense of wonder by having lots of conversations with God about life itself. By sitting still and just being. Inhaling and exhaling became worship to me. Worship of the Creator God for who He is and what He was doing inside of me.

I have been a bit distracted to actually continue with that sense of wonder, unless I'm just alone with Jack, feeding him or just holding him while he sleeps.

This is a good reminder to take time to intentionally wonder at the beauty and love and goodness of God. Mostly through the lives with whom He's allowing my own life to intersect and connect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home