Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 17 – Lesson Learned.

What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?

(Author: Tara Weaver)

It's taken me five days to come up with an answer that I could be happy sharing.

Thanks to my friend Marlee for the help in processing.

I've learned that I am a perseverer. Having a baby is the hardest thing I've ever done. And living with a baby is such a tricky thing. It's full of inconsistencies and unmet expectations, both of which I already knew I had a hard time dealing with. But I'm taking it a day at a time, and living in the moment and trying to be the best me with Jack. I'm not ever going to win 'Best Mom of the Year' award. But, I hope Jack will always know that I'm with him and for him and have chosen on a daily basis to love, comfort, and take care of him.

As for applying it, I will continue to persevere in this unknown territory that is motherhood. I won't give up. I will remain loyal and present and be all of me to Jack and to Shawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home