Thursday, November 30, 2006

a few things on my mind

it's a gorgeous outside today. when i got to work it was 9 degrees. now it's 28 degrees out. the sun has been out and shining all day. snow is still on the ground and covering the trees and mountains from yesterdays' flurries.

i had a cup of celebration (tea) mid-morning. that always makes me happy and think about the things in life that i celebrate: God's goodness which would include where I live right now (the family is so good; I will miss them dearly), my health, my relationships...

3 weeks from today will be my last day at work here, my last day to say my goodbyes (except to the family with whom I live; I'll be back for one night before driving off December 29).

i packed my summer clothes last night. and went through two more Real Simple magazines. I'm down to 6 left to go through. Happy.

I listen to a 'personalized' yahoo music station. I've been keeping an ear out for songs that might be appropriate for an upcoming celebration. It's kind of weird, but the last two songs that have struck me, when I've gone to look up the lyrics, I realize they're songs about heaven. Don't think they'll quite fit. What does that say about me, though? I dunno. The most recent was 'Glory' by Selah. Beautifully hopeful.

I like pizza.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on being so organized as you prepare to leave.

how's it going emotionally?

when I left CA, I drove off in an adventure, not taking seriously enough what and whom I was leaving behind.



love your closing line of simply, "I like pizza."

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger MMA Lady said...

What is your favorite kind of pizza?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home