Tuesday, January 15, 2008

fun

i get a crown put on today...no, no, i'm not going to be deemed royalty. it's for my tooth. i only have one molar and it's been doing the work of two for the past 10 years or so. it's starting to give way (as in, chipped tooth). so i get to have a crown put on (not the pretty porcelain, looks like my teeth kind, either; nope: metal!) so it will hopefully stay strong and work for a long, long time. and perhaps this is my cue to stop chewing ice. one of two habits i long to break, but don't have a successful method of doing so. the other you ask? if you spent any time at all around me, you may have a clue: biting my nails. have tried to quit before. am trying again. i figure i'm 29 (as of yesterday) and 29 year old women should not bite their nails. i feel like if i keep at it, i won't have any nails by the time i'm 79 (hopefully I make it to that age; if not, i'll be HOME).
so anyway, habits. if anyone has ideas on how to break either of them (i've tried the nasty nail polish; not enough to deter me; i've tried lids on cups to make it harder to get to the ice, i just take the lid off) i am open to suggestions. i've actually even thought seriously about hypnotism. hmm...

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Sharona said...

as long as our fixations are all oral, I say try smoking! That should knock the other two out of the BALLpark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home