Thursday, December 07, 2006

hope

i'm intentionally celebrating advent for the first time ever. this week's focus is hope. hope of the anticipated birth of Christ, but also hope of His return. we read Romans 15:1-13...through perseverance and the encouragement of Scriptures we have hope. also, God is a God of hope.

i tried to get to work today by getting in my car and turning the key. didn't happen. car won't start. so i had to call a coworker to come pick me up. not so hopeful. hard to deal with, in light of the fact that i'm supposed to be driving that said car from CO to CA in 3 weeks.

i get to work and daily i'm sent scripture in an e-mail. what's today's?

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:22-26

so there you have it. here's hoping...

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger MMA Lady said...

Good word, Loren. Look at the Advent Aegis link on my blog. It's daily Advent devotionals by myself and some other good friends. You might like it. Different perspectives, grounded in the Word of God about this wonderful season of hope.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger annelies said...

What a great verse to be reminded of. I love that you are participating in advent and that you will soon be a neighbor!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home