Sunday, January 02, 2011

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK

What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

(Author: Kate Inglis)

Adjusting to motherhood has not been the easiest thing for me. Adjusting to parenthood has not been the easiest thing for our relationship.

Shawn gave me my grandmother's eternity ring. With it, he wrote this poem:

Eternity

Love becomes eternal through
renewal and choice
giving strength to sustain
just as your grandmother
received this ring
so now you
continue the legacy
of love in marriage
as we grow through trials
a new stone is added
to the many already
bound in this life
signified by this
eternal ring
remembering the strength
that has brought us here
and much more to add
with no boundary to contain
the joy we have

It meant so much to me to hear those words. His voice and the meaning behind the words told me everything was going to be alright.

I think reading this occasionally and remembering it's a choice is going to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home