Thursday, June 09, 2005

vain

So I'm working in the library (oh so stinkin' thrilling) and a group for a class decides to gather on the couches right outside the library. So I can't help but hear EVERY WORD that is said. They're working on lesson plans or something. Earlier today they were picking apart Psalm 23 (way too much overanalyzing). This afternoon, I still can't figure out what they're talking about. Regardless, one of the guys in the group has such an irritating voice. And either he just has lots to say or he likes listening to his own voice (or maybe both). Anyway, it gets me to thinking...what if I fell in love with a guy who has a truly annoying voice? My first reaction is, would I do that? I mean would I even like the guy (inside and out) if his voice were annoying? My second reaction is, how stinking vain of me. There's much more to being in relationship with someone. But really (annoying voice guy is talking right now) would I ever get used to it? Would I come to love it? Just things I think about as I work this mundane job and wait on God to pull through with Mr. Right. I guess I'll go ahead and throw in a prayer asking that I enjoy listening to the guy's voice. That'd be a plus.
Thinking of this also reminds me that I was talking with a friend on the phone the other day and asked him the QOtD of 'what's your favorite sound' and being my smart aleck self I added at the end of that, 'besides my voice' (ha). To which he says, well actually, if we're talking voices, yours would be up at the top of the list for me. I thought that was a rather nice thing to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home