Friday, January 07, 2011

December 27 – Ordinary Joy

Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

(Author: Brené Brown)

I'm going to put aside any joy related to Jack because to me that falls under the 'extraordinary' joy category. With that said, major cheese alert for the text ahead.

There were countless times of ordinary joy when I held Shawn's hand as we walked down a sidewalk. If I stop and think about it for any length of time, I am overwhelmed with the ordinary joy of getting to live life with Shawn. Sure he has his flaws, his 'moments,' but I just love him because he's such a great man...so thoughtful, so smart, so funny, so caring. I just can't get enough of him and that fills my heart with joy. That he's mine and I'm his.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home