Wednesday, January 19, 2011

a sign and a confession

my coworker and i just cleared our throats at the same exact time. is it a sign?

at church on Sunday Shawn facilitated confession as a way to hope. confession of our cynicism as a sin, specifically. i had to confess another instance of cynicism to Shawn last night: I'm cynical about my Dad. Which has a ripple effect in to other parts of my life, for certain. He didn't call me on my birthday. Some years he forgets. The past few years, he's 'remembered' that my birthday is January 19. so maybe he'll call today? it's not a huge thing, but with him, it's all the little things AND the big things that makes it hard.

we were challenged to not put our hope in people or in circumstances, but in God. For God is faithful. And hoping in Him does not disappoint. May it be so...

in other news, i'm having lunch with someone to get more information about a possible opportunity. praying for wisdom to know what choice to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home