Thursday, January 27, 2011

2. Is this what I want to be doing?

Continuing on with the 20 questions (link to article in title of this post), the next question is posed this way:

2. Is this what I want to be doing?
This very moment is, always, the only moment in which you can make changes. Knowing which changes are best for you comes, always, from assessing what you feel. Ask yourself many times every day if you like what you're doing. If the answer is no, start noticing what you'd prefer. Thus begins the revolution.
So in this exact moment, the answer to that question is 'sure.' Just chatted with a friend and am drinking hot chocolate and eating a bagel (I'm at work). The work part is the part that I DON'T want to be doing.

I know what I want to be doing. I don't know how to get there.

I'd prefer to spend part of my day with Jack. I'd prefer to coach college students (or older) into being the best them they can be. To help them discover their strengths and how they can utilize those strengths in every aspect of their lives.

I'm just waiting for a start up company to actually start. I'm already listed (and trained) as a coach for this company. We just don't have any clients yet.

So I try to fill my days with things that bring meaning and help others. I mentor two women who are in grad school. I plan lunch dates with people I like to be around.

Lists help. I should keep this question in the back of my mind and write down things that come up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home