Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Getting Back Into It

Back to where I left off with the 20 questions:

5. How do I want the world to be different because I lived in it?

Your existence is already a factor in world history -- now, what sort of factor do you want it to be? Maybe you know you're here to create worldwide prosperity, a beautiful family, or one really excellent bagel. If your impressions are more vague, keep asking this question. Eventually you'll glimpse clearer outlines of your destiny. Live by design, not by accident.

I want the world to be filled with a little more laughter, with a little more encouragement, a little more hope. More specifically, my laughter, my encouragement and my brand of hope. Which, to say, is my take on God's hope. Since He's a God of hope, and He's Creator, it's really His that has been infused in me and it comes out Loren-colored. But it's hope all the same, or I'd like to think so, anyway.

And the world is different because of my bringing Jack into the world. That still blows my mind daily. But it's kind of cool, too.

My mom just wrote about how people are forgotten after two generations. But I like to think they're not because they've passed on who they are to others. I am who I am because of my grandmother, my mother, my dad, my sister, and a good number of friends and other influencers I wouldn't necessarily call friends.

I need to steer in the direction of making the world different by fighting for just causes and for justice itself for things that matter. That's my next big to-do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home