Thursday, March 10, 2011

10. What's so funny?

Adults tend to put this question to children in a homicidal-sounding snarl, which is probably why as you grew up, your laughter rate dropped from 400 times a day (for toddlers) to the grown-up daily average of 15. Regain your youth by laughing at every possible situation. Then, please, tell us what's funny -- about everyday life, about human nature, even about pain and fear. We'll pay you anything.

Here's another one I think I have down fairly well. I love to laugh. And now that Jack is around, it's even easier.

Sometimes I laugh irreverently, which makes it even funnier to me. Just today, in chapel, I almost lost it. Now I can't even remember what I was laughing about, but I thought it hilarious at the time.

And a student called today and he had me laughing hard because he's paying someone to do what he's supposed to do. The way he said it just had me in stitches.

I'm not sure about finding pain and fear funny. Although, Shawn gets a kick out of scaring the crap out of me. He hides below the bed after he turns the lights out. And I know he's there, but I don't know where exactly and he jumps up and it scares me. And he thinks it's the funniest thing EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home