Wednesday, March 09, 2011

9. How much junk could a chic chick chuck if a chic chick could chuck junk?


I believe this question was originally posed by Lao Tzu, who also wrote, "To become learned, each day add something. To become enlightened, each day drop something." Face it: You'd be better off without some of your relationships, many of your possessions, and most of your thoughts. Chuck your chic-chick junk, chic chick. Enlightenment awaits.


I love this question because I feel like I do this really well...with stuff anyway.

Having just helped my mom go through three generations of stuff, I feel quite enlightened! We went through tons of stuff and kept only the really meaningful stuff. I had a few boxes of my own and threw away even more stuff.

Never thought about purging some of my thoughts, though. I'm going to ruminate on that a bit in the next few days.

Having my new paradigm and my guiding principles from the Best Year Yet exercise has helped replace some negative thoughts, but I think this idea of valuing all people will be another thought to replace some negative thoughts about people I don't like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home