Tuesday, March 29, 2011

14. What do I love to practice?

Some psychologists believe that no one is born with any particular talent and that all skill is gained through practice. Studies have shown that masters are simply people who've practiced a skill intensely for 10,000 hours or more. That requires loving -- not liking, loving -- what you do. If you really want to excel, go where you're passionate enough to practice.

I don't know that I buy in to this. I think there are people with skill. There are also people with good attitudes and passion about that particular skill.

I don't know that I've found exactly the 'it' for me. I do appreciate helping people understand themselves better. Encouraging someone to live in the freedom of who he/she really is meant to be.

I'm thinking about going into counseling, perhaps life coaching. I dunno...

Part of it is that I'm pretty even keeled. Not alot of passion resides in me. Wonder what that says...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home